Just a thought.

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:14:36 -0700

Bryce wrote:

> I was just sitting here using wonderful Linux to disinfect my company's
> network, computer by computer when a thought came to mind,  a bootable linux
> CD designed exclusively for booting into linux, mounting every winBLOWS
> partition, and doing a virus scan on the whole drive.  Would anyone be
> interested in helping me develop such a thing.  I'm not really experienced
> with that end of Linux but I know it's possible.

I'd like to have something like that... I wonder if the "free" DOS
version of F-Prot could be used along with DOSemu (or whatever that
thing is)?  Additional random thought: maybe boot from a CD, but run the
scanner from a floppy.  Signature-based scanners don't age very
gracefully and it'd be a nuisance to burn a new CD daily (or even
weekly).

Steve