iptables (was port forwading)

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
18 Mar 2002 14:35:53 -0700

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 12:48, Kevin Brown wrote:
> > > Or ipchains is already loaded and so you can't load iptables.
> > >
> > > lsmod
> >
> > Ahhhh yeah ipchain *is* loaded (didn't know you couldn't have them both
> > loaded). hmmm so does that mean that I *do* have to rewrite all my
> > ipchain rules or can I run ipchain rules under iptables?? I seem to
> > remember someone somewhere saying that there was backward compatbility
>
> I believe (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that by default the RH kernels
> have both ipchains and ipfwadm compatibility support builtin.  I would recommend
> rewriting your rules any ways.

Uh doesn't look like it so far. iptables did *not* like the ipchain
commands. I wanted to save rewriting the rules until a weekend as I have
a *lot* of rules. So for now I think I'll keep looking for ipchins
compatibility thanks for all your help though. (i'm *much* closer than I
was this mornging

> rmmod ipchains
> insmod iptables

Just for the sake of the archives on RH 7.2 the command was insmod
ip_tables