cox and accessibility

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:53:20 -0700

I'm running a little behind the discussion here.

Wow!  The "Bobby" site definitely has some things to say
about the PLUG main page.  I'll have to do some work
on that ...
  (To see what we're talking about, go to
   http://www.cast.org/bobby/ and enter the
   URL http://plug.phoenix.az.us/ in the form.)

Actually, most of the issues aren't issues at all,
and PLUG the site is pretty accessible.  Try it with
Lynx, it comes across pretty well.  But there are some
definite issues needing attention.

I also need to check into the subordinate pages.
Still have bad links on the links page, etc.

When Bobby refers to "link groups", what is it
talking about?  Links generally stand alone,
each with its own "href" and opportunity to
give it good descriptive features.  But what
kind of feature would help you "skip past"
a group of links?

I agree we should work to keep the site as
accessible as possible.  I always test with
IE5, Netscape 4.7, Opera and often with Lynx.
I can't install Opera 6 on my RedHat 7.1 box
due to dependencies.  I've also been unable to
install Konqueror on my Linux boxes so far (once
I get Debian online I hope I'll escape from
Dependency Hell).

Vic