M$ vulnerability question

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:55:04 -0500

Notices, sure.  Actual executable updates?  I never have.

Alan

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 15:37, alandd@mindspring.com wrote:
> I don't know about this specifically but I have NEVER, in over a decade of using MS products, heard of MS emailing updates out to people, unsolicited.  I would only go near enough to the attachment to delete it!  Especially since you got it 4 times!

----
I get notices from Microsoft all the time - depends what you've got
registered with them and which boxes you check when you register them.
That's how I got the "Microsoft Security Toolkit" from them a couple of
weeks ago - each patch I install - another reboot   ;-)

Craig