Bigots

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:01:41 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Jim so:

> Ok - time for everyone to back off a bit.  I, like many others, took the
> original flame bait about XP.  Who really cares if it is better than
> previous products?  I guess what surprised me is that this is a PRO-LINUX
> group.  Extolling virtues should be limited to extolling the virtues of
> Linux.
>
> We are not, never have been, and never will be if I have anything to say
> about it, an anti-Microsoft group.  We are here to help each other and
> support each other.  The closer we all (including me) stay to that ideal,
> the better off we all will be.

Jim makes a very good point. While we won't necessarily ignore the faults in
other software ( we also shouldn't ignore the ones in GNU/Linux hence my
recent security posts ), we don't need to rant on it.

Let's lead by example. That means building a better OS and the applications
for it. It can also mean working to eliminate proprietary formats, predatory
behaiviors, etc. that prevent competition and a free market. Primarily,
though, let's continue helping each other with GNU/Linux and other free *NIX
operating systems such as the *BSD family.

This is really important for helping new members and helping those who use
us as a resource for work.

Thanks to Jim for reminding us what we should be striving for!

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important