FTP client on KDE

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:37:57 -0700

I must be getting better at Linux.  Lately I find myself answering my own
questions.  But this one is a great open source story.

I found a GUI FTP client called KBear.  (kbear.sourceforge.net)  I downloaded
the source tarball.  ./configure worked fine but it would not make.  I sent
an email quoting the make output to the author using the link provide on the
project page.  This morning, less than 6 hours later, there was a reply
directing me to put an additional "include" line in one of the source files.
I did that and make worked.  I now have a very nice FTP client, better
supported than anything commercial!

Ain't open source grand!

Alan