viewing AVI files...

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:03:06 -0700

Carl Parrish wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 07:17, David A. Sinck wrote:
> >

> > \_ SMTP quoth John (EBo) David on 3/12/2002 02:27 as having spake thusly:
> > \_
> > \_
> > \_ a friend sent me some avi's they wanted me to view...  Can anyone tell
> > \_ me what apps can view them so I do not have to keep rebooting to view?
> >
> I use aviplay but hint for future when you want to find the application
> to use try typing 'apropos <what your looking for>' at the command line
> in. For instance 'apropos mpeg' will show you all the mpeg players you
> have installed.

thanks for the hint.  What I did first was do a "man -k avi" which
produced the same results.  I am not sure how exactly apropos and "man
-k" are related, but it is also another useful trick.

What I've been able to figure out is that I do not have any installed so
far and need to install one...

 EBo --