Bigots

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:47:30 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Jim on 3/12/2002 08:21 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ Ok - time for everyone to back off a bit.  I, like many others, took the
\_ original flame bait about XP.  Who really cares if it is better than previous
\_ products?  I guess what surprised me is that this is a PRO-LINUX group.
\_ Extolling virtues should be limited to extolling the virtues of Linux.

Speaking to the doc across the street, he says that when drug reps
come in with the latest cure-all, he begins with:

* You may not ask questions.
* You get dinged everytime to disparage a competitor, even indirectly.

The presentations are short, sweet, and to the point.

It cuts out:

"So what do you use now?"
"Product G sucks because of ...."

He and I are consistently amused by the similarities in our jobs:

user == patient
bug == bug
gdb == scalpel
pennicillin == norton (mcaffe?)