viewing AVI files...

Mike Benjamin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:43:45 -0700

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 07:17:13AM -0700, David A. Sinck wrote:
:
:
: \_ SMTP quoth John (EBo) David on 3/12/2002 02:27 as having spake thusly:
: \_
: \_
: \_ a friend sent me some avi's they wanted me to view...  Can anyone tell
: \_ me what apps can view them so I do not have to keep rebooting to view?
:
: Taking potshots:
:
: mplayer
: xine
: avifile
:

I've used mplayer in FreeBSD and xine in Linux both with good results,
but for impressive video playback make sure you're using the SDL output
of the player you choose.  SDL = sexy;  And if you're really sadistic I
know mplayer can link against svgalib.  *mmmm* console video :-).  I
haven't been in a geeky enough mood to try that yet though.

--mikeb

: YMMV
:
: David