Calling all bigots

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Mar 2002 20:54:28 -0700

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 19:59, Jim wrote:

> Back to the uptime, from whence this sprouted.  On that seed, XP fails
> miserably.  If Bill has not updated his system, its not because the fixes
> were not available from the vendor.  The XP vulnerabilities, and we all know
> they are there, will be fixed when the vendor decides it is profitable for
> their shareholders.  I think that trumps any so-called uptime stability.

------
The problem with this thread is that it can only result in Microsoft
bashing so what purpose does it serve? Windows as a desktop package is
still the leading platform...and when it's all said and done, Win2K is a
pretty good OS and my few exposures to XP is that it is better.

I will say one thing that I have yet to see anyone comment on - in
absolute fear that this will prolong the thread...

I have obtained the Microsoft Security Toolkit from Microsoft about 2
months ago, the tool that they released to fulfill their new commitment
to security. Since I have installed it on my Windows 2000 Professional
computer, every update that it has installed has forced a restart -
probably close to 10 in the 2 months time.

I swear that I don't use Windows any more - but my daughter does.

Craig