March Meeting Presentations

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:56:32 -0700 (MST)

Am 11. Mar, 2002 schwätzte George Toft so:

> This machine is not connected to the Internet without a
> firewall, is it?  Please say it isn't.

It's obviously a mostly default RH 7.x box running KDE. While it sucks that
portmap and other atrocities get started up, some of those services are
configured to ignore external connections and it does have a basic ipchains
firewall ( provided it hasn't been disabled ).

My redirection service appears to be having probs, so here's a temporary URL
for my RH setup and secure doc I wrote last year.

http://arizona.speedchoice.com/~lufthans/unix/docs/HOWTO/securing_RedHat.html

I just ran through 7.2 last week. This doc still mostly applies.

Yes, George, I know it's EBo's machine, not yours, but I wanted to respond
to your comment ;-). He should go over my doc :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/