Calling all bigots

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:11:47 -0700

FWIW, I've had occasion to use Win2k "professional" pretty frequently
and it's been amazingly solid -- unless I start using Internet
Explorer.  No joke, the box freezes hard after about a 1/2 hour or
6(ish) windows open.  Can't 3-finger salute, mouse cursor doesn't even
move (dual processor, 640MB RAM fwiw).  I use Netscape whenever
possible.

The box is kept relatively up to date with "Windows Update", when I can
actually get the site to respond.

BTW II -- if you want to vex a MS zealot: have 'em install NT4 server
then *try* to bring it up to current patch levels using only MS tools
(Explorer).  Good for an hour or more of morbid fun.  For the punchline,
download Netscape Navigator and find/download the appropriate patches in
mere moments.  (been playing with VMWare a lot lately :-)

This is something you really have to see to appreciate; it'd be a great
exhibit to demonstrate how MS "embraced and extended" http.

ob Linux: I prefer using Linux.
Steve