Calling all bigots

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:44:09 -0500

"John (EBo) David" wrote:

> George Toft wrote:
> >
> > My wife's shiny new computer, with Windows XP preloaded, had to
> > be rebooted this weekend after an appalling 60 days of uptime.
> > Look out Linux, it looks like Microsoft is on to something.  Now
> > all I have to do is figure out how my son can play his games
> > without being an administrator.
>
> uhem.... grumble, grumble ;-)
>
> one question: what does she use it for?
>
>   EBo --

Same thing she used Win98 for (which crashed every couple days) -
web surfing, e-mail, yahoo games, and kid games.

Nothing like me - Playing mp3's, burning CD's at 8x, downloading mp3's,
writing presentations in StarOffice, running vmware and surfing the net
simultaneously.  I've yet to see Windows whatever do that.  The Windows
weenies at work can't even match that.  I can't get Win98 to burn a CD
at 4x on the same hardware (a Duron 600 mhz w/ 320MB RAM), yet I was
doing all of the above under Linux.  Windows was only burning the CD at
4x and just barely.

George