two questions

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:46:34 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Chase Granberry wrote:

> one...nautilus won't allow me to browse outside of my home directory
> when im not root.  when im root it works.  It looks like i don't have
> the right permissions for something, but i don't know where to start.
>  Can someone point me in the right direction??
>
> two...has anyone else had any problems with Redhat 7.2 freezing? I've
> installed it on my laptop and my desktop and its done it on both.
>  Mostly when the screensaver is running, but sometime not.  Just wondering.

I have had this happen when the screensaver is running. I have noticed
that the screensaver seems to run up the cpu usage to nearly 50% when it's
running. I have disabled the screensaver and so far have not had the
problem. I am running 7.1 with most of the upgrades to the 7.2 packages
and my own compiled kernel. I seem to remember seeing most of these
problems when I'm running konqueror and have the kvm switched to another
machine.