PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #2014 - 16 msgs

Craig S. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:20:40 +0000

> Message: 3
> Subject: Re: Learning Linux, beginner needs help...
> From: Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com>
> To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> Date: 08 Mar 2002 17:30:14 -0700
>
> On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 13:57, Wank8734@aol.com wrote:
> > it seems as Mandrake is so far the only one I have been told to get. How does
> > Debian compare to Mandrake in terms of what I want?
> >
> ---
> I won't comment on Debian since I haven't used it - but I'm certain that
> it's a solid distro.
>
> My recommendation is RedHat but that's cuz that's what I know.
>
> Craig

oh yeah, as a add on. If you decide that you like RPM's but not Redhat or Mandrake, etc. you can setup slackware to use RPM's. I think
you just setup packages to read targz instead of tgz, the distro book tells you how to do it.

Craig S.