Router-Gateway-Firewall solution for less than 150??

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:16:33 -0500

Hi Egui,

Consider this:
Two IP addresses doubles your security exposure, and makes
your job harder when trying to keep the bad guys out.

This adage comes to mind: "You have to plug thousands of
holes to keep hackers out.  They only have to find one
to get in."

George

Edgardo Giraud wrote:

> Well, I have been reading the responses and am looking
> into using the suggestions as a guide for my reasearch
> and to find out what plan of action is right for *me*,
> so ... I'm still keeping options open - BTW, anyone
> know how much Cox charges for multiple IP addys? just
> a qq, want to keep open minded about options.
>
> Peace and Light!
> --Egui

[snip]