Router-Gateway-Firewall solution for less than 150??

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
10 Mar 2002 00:21:15 -0700

> I dont see that software i dont write is my responsability
>
> > You stated: "its kinda the same as Netmax products i found it
> > easy to gain root through the running of daemons."  I'm asking
> > for substantiation of your claim, or a retest with the current
> > version to see if the problem still exists.  Did you report it?
> > Did you document your exploit do they can make a better product?
> > Or did you just sit back and let people get hacked?  I have
> > filed bug reports on mc (2), linkcheck (3), and rpm (2); and
> > I'm about to file one on grip.
>
> cool,  I led my peers to what i found and things were sent to the companies
>
> but i dont do it personally,
>
> I guess this begs the questions for every bug exploit that is found in M$ is
> it reported?

This is different because its opensource software. You either got it
free or very cheap. Well guess what just like they say *nothing* is
free. Your part is to fix it if you can point it out to others if you
can't. When we all do our part it works great. When we don't we can't
say our software is better than <fill in the blank>.

Carl P.