Router-Gateway-Firewall solution for less than 150??

Mike Benjamin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 14:24:01 -0700

As was posted to this list the other day:

www.closedbsd.org

I've requested that the author (who is from phoenix) add serial console
support to his kernel, so as soon as this version is released you would
only need:

486 processor/motherboard w/ serial cable and probably a heatsink/cpu fan
8MB RAM
Floppy Drive w/ cable
Power Supply
2 10mbit PCI NICs
A shoebox to put it in :-)

You should be able to find that for under $50, or possibly get someone to
give you some of it.  That's about the cheapest solution out there that
I can think of.  There are floppy based Linux nat+firewall solutions as
well, but I'm a BSD bigot and I know the author :-).

--mikeb