Favorite WAP Unit?

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Mar 2002 17:26:52 -0700

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 16:10, John Albee wrote:
> My only hands-on (no pun intended) experience with WAP and WAP units has
> been with the Linksys WAP.  For some reason it would not fully cover a 800
> sqare foot condo.  Is this just a problem with the Linksys models?  Does
> anyone have any recommendations?  Im looking at trying another brand WAP in
> my house and at a good size office suite.

----
I bought the cheapest one I could find at Fry's - an Addtron ($100). Had
to grab the flash rom update (windows software) from their web site
<http://www.addtron.com> (brought it up to 128 bit WEP and new SNMP &
Windows USB configuration modes and voila - it covers all levels of my
tri-level approx 2500 sq foot - full strength I might add.

Craig