broadband in north scottsdale?

Fri, 8 Mar 2002 01:34:19 -0700 (MST)

Am 07. Mar, 2002 schwätzte Mike so:

> I'm looking to find some type of broadband for my COO.
> He lives probably 15 miles north of Bell off off Scottsdale
> Rd. (TeraVita). Cox is not there yet. He says DSL is unavailable
> (called Qwest); does anyone know of something reasonable up there?

Speed Choice, now known as Sprint Broadband, reaches to 7 miles north of
Bell, but they're not doing new installs.

RNi is in the Scottsdale Airpark, but I doubt they can go 20 miles from that
setup.

There was somebody running ISP services out of his garage in Carefree. He
might've been doing wireless. It was a community ISP of some sort. I don't
remmeber any details.

He should be able to get isdn and the non-upgradable DSL ( iDSL? ).

If he's got access to the south face of a mountain, he could setup a
wireless link to someone in town...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans