regularly scheduled paranoia. Was: Re: Anti Virus

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
07 Mar 2002 18:37:15 -0700

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 18:14, Lee Einer wrote:
> Actually, I think McAfee tried to
> be the McAfee of the linux world. A
> year or so ago, McAfee was making
> big noise about having identified a
> linux virus and having developed
> protection against it. Thing is, to
> be infected by this virus, you
> first had to be suckered into
> playing a video game on the
> internet under your root sign-on.
>
> Virus or IQ test? You be the
> judge...
> --
> Lee Einer
>
> http://members.cox.net/appealsman/
-----
1 - it appears as though you are using a VIC 20 with a 40 column display
to send email

2 - I loved the pictures of your stuff on your web site - do you have a
store front - sell stuff out of your house - whereabouts?

3 - Most of us as users tend to sit back and relax and click and can be
suckered in to a number of things. That doesn't make us dumb. I did kick
the habit of logging in as root a long time ago. That gives me a bit
more comfort.

4 - your anti Microsoft diatribes are unnecessary. They are good
competition, successful and will provide enough amusement when they
collapse inward from all of the weight.

Craig