DNS Server woes

Mike plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:30:27 -0500

My logs indicate the same: It's terrible out there! Hosed
MX's, no RR's, etc.

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:57:03PM -0700, J.Francois wrote:

 Dumb Question: If you don't know anything about DNS on Linux or have very little
                experience with DNS, why are they having you fix this?
                Doesn't your company have a DNS Admin?

 Anyway, if you need to get caught up and don't have the Grasshopper book
 handy, try this: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html

 Troubleshooting DNS is not for the faint of heart.
 Based on what I see for misconfigurations in my mail logs
 its terrible out there.

 Good Luck.

 --
 Jean Francois - JLF Sends...                                               /"\
 "Tell them we are not Gods, but SysAdmins, which is the next best thing."  \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign