Consulting Fees

AZ Pete plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:07:31 -0800 (PST)

Derek,
Another person already commented on your math and all his points were
valid.  Additionally, I would like to add that I am unsure how you are
able to only pay 10% for tax contribution.  If you are billing $80,000
per year, you would be in the 28% (maybe even 33%) Federal tax bracket.
 That does not include AZ state tax (3-5%), and self employment tax of
15% (aka Social Secuiry).
So at a mimimum, for a $80K yearly salary a LEAST a third of that goes
to taxes and your left with $56K. Keep in mind these are only taxes and
do not include all the other expenses of running a business.
Just my thoughts :)
Peter