Consulting Fees

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:54:12 -0700

It does cost employers approx. twice an employee's salary to employ.  There
are other costs though that I don't believe you have taken into account.

1. Administration - Execs, secretaries, and accounting do not come for free
2. Down Time - While you accounted for benefits, I don't believe that you
accounted for time when maybe there is only 30 hours of work available for
an employee guaranteed 40 hours.
3. Training Costs - Besides adding to down time, training costs money in
other ways.
4. Profit - A company needs to make profit.  If it does not, it cannot grow
and it cannot weather bumps in the economy.

I agree though, more than $125/hr is close to scalping.  Either they are
scalping, or they are paying their employees (consultants and/or execs) to
much money.

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr.