Linux Kernel Programming Resources

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:36:41 -0700

On Mar 1,  4:55pm, Benjamin Bostow wrote:

> I am new to programming for Linux, and was wandering if anyone could suggest
> where to go to learn more about Kernel programming and Programming for
> Linux?

For the former, I think that simply reading the kernel sources is
fine.  (That's what I do whenever I want to find something out.)  For
the latter, it probably depends upon exactly what you're doing, but I
still think that W. Richard Stevens' book "Advanced Programming in
the Unix Environment" should be on everyone's bookshelf.  Stevens'
network programming books are also quite good.

Kevin