anti dot-net spew

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:36:54 -0600 (CST)

> Oooh, good thought, but if the question has already been posed, my
> guess is that M$ has a marketing hook in a manager and thus too late
> to go there.
>
> "It's only a little hook...it won't cost much...<hand waving>"

All the better. This way you have a LIST of what they are going after .NET
for which leaves it as 3 options per line item on that list.

a. Its FUD, in which case you compile evidence to dispell it.
b. Its factual, but not necessarily a benefit, this gives you a way to
counterpoint.
c. Its factual and a real benefit, in which case you acknowledge so.

I think (c) is key if you can find them. :)  As it lends a LOT of
credibility to your counterpoints and dispelling.

-Derek