XFree86 4.2

Rick Rosinski plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:38:15 -0700

I've solved the problem.  With some help from KDE's mailing list, I have done
this:

My kde is installed in /opt/kde.
I deleted the /opt/kde/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults/Netscape.ad file.
Then, went into the KDE Control Center, and under Look & Feel -> Style, I
disabled the Apply fonts and colors to non-KDE apps.  After restarting X, I
tried Netscape and it worked fine.  The drag is that the colors for all of my
non-kde apps are back to their default colors.   I suppose that I could
recompile my kde 2.2.2 installation and fix the problem (compiling with the
new code from X 4.2), but I will just wait until KDE 3.0 is out and I will
compile then.