apache ssl install

Nancy Sollars plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:43:58 -0700

needed sources and locations

apache source       www.apache.org
mm source            www.engelschall.com -- go to open sourced software mm
will be listed
OpenSSL             www.openssl.org
ModSSL              www.modssl.org

After building and installing mm & openssl
I usually untar both sources SSL and APACHE

then go into the ssl dir and use

./configure --with-apache=/use/src/apache-1.3.xx --with-ssl=/usr/src/openssl
-0.9.x
--enable-shared=ssl --with-mm=/usr/src/mm version source

make
make install

then enter the apache source and do the following

EAPI_MM="/usr/src/mm-source-dir"
SSL_BASE="/usr/src/openssl-source-dir"
./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --enable-shared=ssl --e
nable-module=ssl

make
make install

then alls you have to do is create your SSL cert keys and do

/location/of/your/installd/binary/apachectl startssl

usually by default its

/usr/local/apache/apachectl startssl

if you dont get any errors your all good

HTH  Nige