Porivo Peer Java error

Guy A. Chouinard Jr plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:53:04 +0000

I'm having a problem with the Porivo Peer client. I'm running RedHat 7.2
I downloaded JRE from SUN and installed it from the RPM.
I updated my .bash_profile per the JRE install intructions by adding

NPX_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/java/jre1.3.1_01/plugin/i386
export NPX_PLUGIN_PATH

and sourced it. Then I ran the following commands per the Porivo Peer
support FAQ.

ln -s /bin/cut /usr/bin/cut
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
ulimit -s 2048

Installed Porivo Peer.
When I try to run the Porivo client I get the following error message:

[root@localhost porivo]# ./porivoPeer &
[1] 2705
Checking for files...
[root@localhost porivo]# .porivo.dat

Starting PorivoPeer...
Checking for new jar files...
sh: ./jre/bin/java: bad interpreter: Permission denied
Unable to download kernel... please connect to the Internet and try again...

I checked permissions on /jre/bin/java
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2839 Mar  2 10:58 java

I emailed Porivo but have received no response.

Anyone have any ideas on this ?

Thanks,

Guy

--