Problems with DHCPCD and Cox.net

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:44:53 -0700

--------------2FC380FCD9A1724A52759F1E

Hi, all-

I am a linux newbie (2 years experience) living here in Phoenix. I run a
dual boot with Corel Linux 2nd edition and Windows 98. I am regrettably
posting to you from the Windows side, as I am now unable to connect to
the intranet using Linux.

I had no appreciable problems connecting until yesterday. I have
verified that DHCPCD is still starting at boot-up and is running.
Ifconfig shows that the network connection is up, and the ip addresses
look valid to me, although on one or two occasions when I have run it
the RX line shows that a large amount of data has been dropped. I am no
whiz at this, but I think that I have tried the most obvious, such as
killing DHCPCD and then restarting from a command line with -r, -h,
etc--, renaming the resolve.conf file, shutting off power to the modem
and then restarting the modem, all without success.  I am at wit's end
here, I hate using Windows, and I want my Linux back.

Is anyone else having these blues? I thought it odd that this happened
on the day after Cox supposedly terminated any vestiges of @home service
(e-mail, etc.) I would appreciate any help/advice you can give on
troubleshooting and fixing this problem.

Thanks,

Lee Einer,
Phoenix, AZ

http://members.cox.net/appealsman

--------------2FC380FCD9A1724A52759F1E

Hi, all-
a dual boot with Corel Linux 2nd edition and Windows 98. I am regrettably
posting to you from the Windows side, as I am now unable to connect to
the intranet using Linux.
that DHCPCD is still starting at boot-up and is running. Ifconfig shows
that the network connection is up, and the ip addresses look valid to me,
although on one or two occasions when I have run it the RX line shows that
a large amount of data has been dropped. I am no whiz at this, but I think
that I have tried the most obvious, such as killing DHCPCD and then restarting
from a command line with -r, -h, etc--, renaming the resolve.conf file,
shutting off power to the modem and then restarting the modem, all without
success.&nbsp; I am at wit's end here, I <i>hate</i> using Windows, and
I want my Linux back.