Linux and AOL

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 23:50:41 -0500 (CDT)

AOL protocol has been successfully reverse engineered why wait for AOL?

http://www.pengaol.ipfrance.net/eng/

About Peng for Aol

Peng is a free program for Linux which sets up a bridge IP for the Aol's
subscribers. In practice it allows to connect to internet by way of AOL.
This program is a reverse ingeenering of the AOL's program by analyzing
bytes sent to the modem. No code's line of the official program was
dismantle. The final goal is to offer an access with a high level of
stability and security at the Aol's users under linux.

-Derek