Membership database

Kimi A. Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:14:48 -0700

Beginning of Kimi's rant......

I am busy 12 hours a day. I have many tasks that pop up here and there and
many contacts.  If I did not want to be part of this listing, for the exact
reasons you mentioned of being able to ask questions and get answers, then
I wouldn't be here.

No one has stated at this point that you *have* to be part of a
database.  My business is making money doing services and selling products
that are run by and used on Debian.  My business is to know what I do and
where my company is going.  However, I don't know everything and as much as
people wish to think this, I don't know that much outside of running by
business with Linux.

PLUG and AZOTO have both talked about projects and most people do them so
that they can *market* their skills.  How is creating a database of those
same people creating so much flak on this list?

That's what I want to find.  A database of skills that will help me help
all of you.  If someone walks in my door with a need, I want to fulfill it,
even if I am not paid.  That's the structure of our business and how come
we are still here even though many ISP's are out of business or failing.

End of Kimi's rant.......