Crappy Products Cost More!!

Richard L. Proctor plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:48:30 -0700

Yea I have noticed that the default desktop is Gnome and KDE is unchecked
during install.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Achtenberg" <toma@fh.org>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 7:11 AM
Subject: RE: Crappy Products Cost More!!

> I am a registered user of Red hat.  I bought the boxed set for ver 7.2  I
downloaded 7.3  I prefer the KDE desktop.  Unfortunately the KDE 3.0 that is
included as part of 7.3 is unstable for Konqueror and Kmail, the two main
applications I want to use.  KDE released ver 3.1 several weeks ago.  I have
twice asked Red Hat tech support when it will be available through the
up2date.  I have been completely and totally ignored by Red Hat support.
They have not even acknowledged receiving my question even though it was
submitted via a form on the RHN site. In fact the RHN site will not let you
log in using Konqueror but does with IE.  If Red Hat hates KDE so much, why
do they include it in their distros?  kde.org itself talks about how Red Hat
refuses to support their desktop.

> If Red Hat is counting on support $'s to stay in business, they have a lot
of improving to do.  I won't give them another dime till I see some
improvement.

NTFS