Install fest interest generation

Tom Emerson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:25:22 -0700 (MST)

High Schools and the Junior/Middle Schools too.  Be nice to spark an
interest at the Middle School level.

Reaching back in memory, middle school, we had access to the County's
PDP11 via a decwriter & acoustic coupler.  We were Gods!  (Then high
school, and punch cards, what a let-down.)  My son's computer education
isn't too bad, but is limited to very basic office app's (M$).  Next
upgrade of hardware, dude's getting a Suse (current box is a souped up
'486 with w'95, I dread attempting a modern X on it and it's 14"
monitor).

Anyway, back from memory lane, geeks & engineers are born, not made,
there _will_ be an interest at the middle school level.

 - tom e.