mysql -> postgres

Tom Emerson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:02:40 -0700 (MST)

is this updateable sql views and triggers that move older records to the
archive?

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, der.hans wrote:

There's also a 'virtual table' feature of some sort that allows me to
designate multiple tables as a single table. I'm really wanting to exploit
this for archiving. Roll old stuff into a secondary table and normal queries
only hit the most recent table, but reports needing more history can
automagically query the whole archive of data. I think that's just me being
lazy because it could be done with some sub-queries, but it's so much easier
to let the db take care of it ;-).