Crappy Products Cost More!!

Bob Cober plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:24:21 -0700

I paid $179 for  RH 7.3 Pro (well, the company did), and am very happy
with it.  It comes with 3 OS cds, 1 doc, 2 source, and 3 app cds.  It
also includes a bootable cdrom business card called the "Survival cd".
 There are 4 printed manuals, which although  slim have pretty good
content - some geared to newbies some more advanced.  It also has
telephone and web-based support.

Anyway, compared to a similarly priced XP product from MS, I say RedHat
wins hands down.  As I said in an earlier post, the install was great -
it detected my wireless pcmcia card, set-up dual booting, etc..(As an
aside I am trying out KDevelop for the first time and am pretty
impressed - I wish I had tried it along time ago - if you haven't used
the latest version go get it)

I am happy to pay RedHat the $179 - I hope they continue to provide an
outstanding alternative to the XP subscription world.........

Just my $0.02 errr I mean $179
;-)