additional problem [was Re: setting up a real pop server at home]

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:11:01 -0700

nevermind.
I found at least this one problem....
it wasn't locking to all interfaces (damned elusive commands not listed in
man pages).

ok, additional problem, mail thats supposed to be delivered to root gets
stashed in nobody (in /var/spool/mail). because of this, I never see any of
my system logs and/or reports. any way to correct this?

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 05:38 am, you wrote:
> ok.
> I'm not sure what I did, but I managed to do it.
> postfix is working fine for internal mail, but now it presents "connection
> refused" to any attempt to send mail to it from the outside world. I've
> checked the config files 4 times and I can't seem to find the problem.
>
> a telnet to the proper port from a remote machine yields "connection
> refused" and a telnet from inside (to localhost) gives me a banner. what am
> I missing here?
>
> Technomage

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6