West Side InstallFest

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:14:07 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Jun, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> The InstallFest Post Mortem this evening was a
> lot of fun, and can be briefly summarized as,
> "InstallFest was great! Let's do it again!"
>
> With that in mind the list of volunteers for the
> West Side InstallFest has begun:

Woohoo!

> Flyer:     Michelle Lowman
> Press:     Lee Einer
> Site:      Steve (foodog) (pending GCC approval)
> Web Site:  Jim Farli
> Chairman:  Bob Bushman
>
> Sponsor Wrangler: Available
> Installers: Anyone here ever installed Linux before?
>
> Other: How would you like to help?
>
> It was mentioned that der.hans provided quite
> a bit of invaluable wiring and power gear, that

My gear can be made available again.

> Alan has an appreciable network of sponsor
> contacts (and Jim may be able to bend the ear
> of someone at O'Reilly), and that William
> Lindley might have some organizational advice.
> Of course, your help is appreciated in any
> area you can support.
>
> As a tentative date, I'd like to suggest Saturday,
> September 28. Jim suggested this would give
> students time to settle into the fall semester
> and start looking for weekend distractions.
>
> On potential improvements, some things that caught
> my attention at the post mortem were:
>
> 1. More stations to allow more simultaneous installs.
> 2. Preliminary survey to identify users who want
>    specialized installs.
> 3. Trans/Post-liminary survey to record the gear
>    being used, OS being replaced, FAQs, etc.
> 4. <Your thoughts here!>

Pre-arrange for 802.11 stuff.

Get a press release ready before the end of July and hit it again at the end
of Aug.

Set aside a place for demos and mark it clearly.

Do the presentations. We got good traffic out of those.

Have promo materials for the meetings and a workstation where people can
sign up for the mailing list ( they'll still need to reply when they check
their email ).

Homemade cheesecake goes over really well :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/