PostgreSQL versus MySQL

Scott Goodwin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 02:26:26 +0000

I can't give you a point-by-point comparison, but I'd select
PostgreSQL. It's very
easy to set up and manage, it's very stable under load and is fully
ACID-compliant.

Here are a few links that may help you decide, but realize that both
databases
are evolving fairly rapidly, so some of this may be rather dated:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20001112.php3
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PostgreSQL/Installing/page1.html
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Databases/PostgreSQL
http://www.101com.com/elx/article.asp?articleid=4340