IPCop

tickticker plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:50:25 -0700

you do have the green nic cat5 cable plugged into another rj45 jack?  you
may need a crossover cable for this.  sounds like the physical layer
possibly.

anthony

----- Original Message -----
From: "robert jorgenson" <snoogans@qwest.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: IPCop

> okay an update in progress ... i am very sure its something i am doing
wrong now because i have tried two different NIC's and both of them work
fine as the RED NIC but not the GREEN NIC. what happens is the red nic works
fine and my firewall gets internet but its not forwarding it out to the rest
of my network. the green NIC isn't even lit up in the back. what am i doing
wrong? i followed the instructions on thier website but it wont work =/

> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:05:08 -0700
> "robert jorgenson" <snoogans@qwest.net> wrote:
>
> > i was at the installfest today and installed IPCop on an extra box that
i had, im trying to figure out how i need to set it up, i have qwest's vdsl
which means that there is this gateway box sitting in our living room with a
TV cable in and a TV cable and ethernate cable out acting as a dhcp server.
I would assume i setup IPCop to get its ip from the gateway box and set it
to act as a dhcp server for the rest of my network, however i am very new to
networking and i am not sure exactly if that will work or what i have to do,
any pointers in the right direction would be great :) Im reading the docs on
the IPCop website right now hopefully i will come up with something from
there too.