OT: Old Wired and Byte magazines

Don Calfa plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:05:05 -0700

Good idea.  I have a collection of Compute! magazines from the 80's  as
well as other old magazines.  The ads in these magazines are really
funny now!

Radio Shack  had an ad for a Model 12 Business Computer for $3499.  It
had 2 built-in double sided double density 8" disk drives for more than
2.5 million characters of program and data storage.
Built in 12" High-resolution monitor displays 24 lines of 80 characters
Big 64K memory handles tough jobs

And to think that we sent man to the moon on computing power less than that.