apache upgrade

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:47:21 -0700

Not sure why you get all those dependencies, on my Red Hat 7.3 box I upgraded using RH's up2date and it only downloaded two rpm's (one program and one for the documentation) and installed it with no problem.  Total size of the download was under 2 meg.

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:55:32 -0700 (MST)
From: William Lindley <wlindley@wlindley.com>
To: Phoenix Linux Users Group <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Cc: Scott Walters <phaedrus@illogics.org>
Subject: apache upgrade

Am on a Mandrake 7.2 box...  I know there are remote exploits for Apache
and I want to upgrade...

Tried to use the Mandrake Update program to update Apache.  it fails, with
no sensible error message, so I'm trying to do it manually...

Apparently there are about a dozen other RPMs apache depends on.  This
looked hopeless (download a.rpm, try to install, it wants b.rpm, download,
it wants c.rpm, etc etc)

So I downloaded the apache source rpm, but i can't install that because it
wants gdbm-devel ... but there is no gdbm-devel rpm... so I'm stuck.

Any ideas how to proceed?

\\/