Sound in opera - Linux at work

charlie bullen plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:00:30 -0700

Hi, So far Opera 6.01 is the only browser that does all I need it to do
except 1 thing. I have a web page that downloads a wav file when certain
events happen. I have to be able to hear the wave file.

I can hear sound if it comes in as part of a shockwave file.

When I go to the preferences section "Enable embedded audio" is grayed out .

I think that perhaps the line in the page that brings in the sound file may
be a prorietary Microsoft tag. I've asked the developer to email me the code,
but haven't gotten it yet.

The ability to hear this sound is ABSOLUTLEY ESSENTIAL if I am to continue
using linux at work.

HELP!!!!

Charlie