Help getting experience

Alpha Zenon Sanchez plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:25:43 -0700 (PDT)

Wow - when I saw the list, I realized I have a lot to
learn.  I'm a newbie in the computer field (I'm a
software tech for a local software company), and the
stuff on the list I hope I can pick up through the
years...

In the company I work for, I'm always looking over the
programmer's shoulder and asking questions.  The more
questions you ask, the more you learn.

Even though I went to school for IT, they never taught
me the in's-and-outs of every-day programmings...just
the basics.

The stuff on your list is great, and any aspiring
programmer will want to take a good look at it.

BTW...my gut instinct tells me that the second example

'if (a.equals("something")){

---instructions----

}

will compile and work....I've seen this example
before,
but not sure why a.equals works rather than a ==

=====
Thanks,
Alpha Zenon Sanchez