possible LKM rootkit infection

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:52:14 -0700

yes,
they used my user account (after having gained info from another rootkitted
system at another location where I sometimes came in from (other place in
town). the intrusion happened within days of the rootkitted machine being
discovered at the other location (my account there also had the same
password).

However, I have a policy of now chaning passwords on a once-per-week basis (I
have a random password generator here now).

in any case, I don't think he got very far as I caught the intrusion
initially only hours after it happened.

Technomage

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 01:00 pm, you wrote:
> You said you found an intruder on your box a few weeks back.  Do you know
> how they got in?

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6