Does Linux do games well?

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:48:20 -0700 (MST)

I can vouch for Wine-X.  It's money well spent.  I have Diablo II and Jedi
Knight II working flawlessly under it.  Those are really the only
windows-based games I play - and now I don't need windows.

As for linux-port games, get on eBay.  You can find most of the loki
titles (simcity3k, heroes3, myth2, etc) for $9 - $20.

I own Quake3, Solider Of Fortune, Descent3, Heavy Metal, Myth2 and Heroes
3.  All of them run great on an Athlon 800 w/GeForce256 or better in my
case.

Now I just need time to play them...