gentoo 1.2

Kyle O'Malley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:02:24 -0700

The i686 disk has install stages 1-3 on the disk, they must be refering to the fact that if you build and compile starting from stage1 you can have a working system on any i386+ while stage3 has everything precompiled but only supports i686+.

The last version I needed to install from was 1.1, which only included a i386 kernel to install from, I can't see how they'd some how muck install kernels for two diff architectures onto one cd (not to mention I doubt the el torito boodable cd standardworks on sparc machines).

-Kyle