PLUG is famous!

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jun 2002 15:35:07 -0700

Actually the slashdot effect has been fairly mild on the servers.  I'm
guessing that the reason other people "feel" it so much is they have a
rather server intense page to begin with, either via massive database
hits, or with a ton of little images all over the page
(thumbnails)...etc etc
For the most part, the little plug mailing list server is serving up a
text only page that is for the most part static.

Even then we only seem to be taking about 1 hit a second.  I would think
that a 386 could dish that out off a floppy with no problems.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek