Dependency Problems

Tom Emerson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:17:55 -0700 (MST)

Adrian, I'm dimly remembering this from a few months ago.  I think that it
was just a matter of adding an appropriately named symbolic link to
libcrypto.so.0.9.6b

Something like this (as the root user):
cd /lib
ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.6b libcrypto.so.0

In case this doesn't work out, keep a log of what you did so you can back
out changes to stuff in thie /lib directory.  Careful what you do in /lib,
a goof here will render your system in need of repair...

Do this:
cd /lib
ls -l libssl*
ls -l libcrypto*

and post the results back to the list, maybe that'll jog some memories?

 - tom e.