Saving a web site local

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:25:27 -0700 (MST)

Am 15. Jun, 2002 schwätzte Derek Neighbors so:

> wget + cvs + cron
>
> or better yet work with the author of the site and use rysnc + cron +
> cvs

Yeah, yeah. You command line junkies! :)

I do want a few features like turning on and off notification upon changes.
I'd also like the ability to expressly ban certain sites from the archive,
e.g. ads. It would be outstanding to make the differences notification be
only dependent on part of the page, e.g. the actual content.

I thought I'd seen projects for this, but didn't find anything in the debian
packages, but I remembered you can now search for multiple words on
FreshMeat and found HTMLArchive.

Hmm, doesn't quite look like what I want, but I think I can convince it to
do what I want and it provides something else I've been wanting...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans